Long Island & NYC Commercial Access Control Systems
Is your NYC or Long Island business as secure as it should be? If you aren’t sure of the answer, then it’s probably time to increase your access control. Total Office Control is fantastic for lighting, audio/video, and HVAC automation, but does wonders for commercial security and safety, too. When your business’s security system, including access control, is under control, then not only you, but your employees and your entire business are safer.
Adding access control to your facility basically means creating a barrier to entry beyond just physical barriers, like doors and windows. Of course, when you leave the facility in the evening and set the security alarm, anyone who forcibly enters will set off the alarm. This will automatically alter the authorities, and send notification directly to your computer, smartphone, or tablet if you have a Total Office Control system in place.
However, the danger is that most intruders or unwanted parties know it’s far easier to walk straight through the front door during business hours, than to try and break-in after hours. That’s why it’s important to put protection in place. Whether your Manhattan office contains sensitive documents, or your Nassau County retail store requires secure, afterhours access, at Oakwood Automation Systems, we recommend the following methods of access control from AIPhone for commercial facilities:
- Access Control Keypads—These vandal-resistant, access control keypads come in several finishes, and allow for entry with an access code. They are perfect for parking structures, pools, gyms, secure restrooms, apartment buildings, hotels, and other secure areas where many people enter frequently.
- IP Video Intercom System—Available with a color screen, this is the safest way to voice-verify and face-verify anyone who tries to gain entry. Such systems are ideal for secure office buildings, schools, apartment buildings, hotels, and more.
- Traditional Intercoms—Of course, traditional intercoms have come quite a long way, but these basic units are ideal for systems where anyone trying to enter the facility must announce themselves verbally, and be ‘buzzed’ in. Such systems are used for loading docks, apartment buildings, schools, medical facilities, security offices, and more.
- Selective Call Intercom—Meant for talking, paging, and answering the door, the selective call intercom looks like a regular phone, but serves several security functions.
- Integrated Security and Communication—Versatile systems from AIPhone are able to be integrated into existing CCTV, Access Control, and Outside Phone security systems. This is ideal for all types of commercial facilities, especially office buildings, schools, hospitals, factories, parking lots, and even prisons.
- Memory Intercoms—In facilities where a large number of people must be able to gain access, a memory intercom is a great solution for communicating between stations, gaining entry with an access code, and answering several doors. Available in wall-mount, and telephone-style versions.
- Nurse Call—The Nurse Call health care communication system is designed with the needs of physicians’ offices, veterinary offices, and hospitals in mind.
To make your NYC or Long Island commercial facility safe and secure, the first step is keeping unwanted parties out. Put up your first line of defense with an access control system by AIPhone. Contact Oakwood Automation Systems for further details.